Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

Destiny Jackson, Desk Writer

After going an undefeated regular season, going 24-0, our Lady Yellow Jackets finished 28-0 winning the 4a Upper State Championship! Our girls defeated Wilson High School with a score of 61-37. North Augusta’s first State Championship for basketball.

“Defense is our bread and butter,” said coach Crystal Cummings.“Defense is the backbone of any team in any sport, honestly, but our roster has allowed us to do different things than we had been able to do in the past,” Cummings said. “I’ve always preached defense, but with this particular group, we’re able to do a lot of different things, and they understand it well. It’s their IQ that helps us do that.”

“We’re grateful; we’re blessed. It means everything,” said Sarah Crews, a junior at NAHS. “This is what we’ve wanted to do since the beginning of the season.”

“It’s really cool because in the gym we don’t have a lot of banners hanging up,” said Amari Young, a junior at NAHS. “I look in the gym, and it’s like, banners from 1950’s and stuff like this. To know that we get to have a banner hanging up now, and I can say I was on this team that did it, is cool. It’s really awesome.”

After winning the Class AAAA state championship Saturday in Columbia, the Lady Yellow Jackets were honored in the school gym with a pep rally composed of students and faculty and community members. The team members received a standing ovation as they entered, and each basketball player later cut off a piece of the net in the school gym.

“To know that finally all of our many hours of workouts has actually paid off.” says Makiya Mims, a senior at NAHS.

“I moved here from Maryland two years ago, and I never really thought this would happen. To win this my last season of high school with my sister makes this even more special.” says Kiara Jackson, a senior at NAHS.

You don’t come across many state champions who go their entire season undefeated, but OUR Lady Yellow Jackets were able to make history and get the job done. CONGRATULATIONS to our Lady Yellow Jackets, 4a State Champions.

• LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

Community

Powder Puff

Community

Black History Month

Community

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

News

The Inauguration

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

News

MLK Day

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

Features

Links 1/12/17

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

Rants and Raves

Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Everything North Augusta High School.