Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Amaya Emmons

Andra Mckinnis, Desk Writer

It’s a new year and that means new mindsets, new wardrobes, etc. In the beginning of the school year I went around the school and got some students to give me an inside scoop on their fashion life. In this article I’m going to change it up a bit. This time we’re going to get an inside scoop on females and their makeup skills. What can possibly be better then that? Cause to be honest with you, we have some females at NAHS who come to school with their face beat EVERY day. There are absolutely no breaks for them. You have females who are obsessed with their highlight, some with their eyebrows (me), and others may obsess over their lips or having the perfect winged-eyeliner.

Many people will think that females who wear makeup only wear it because they’re insecure. Little do they know it helps build confidence. In reality most females wear it not only because it’s fun to try different looks, but because makeup is a great way for females to express themselves. One day you can have a bold eyeliner along with a smokey, cut creased eye shadow look and the next day you could rock bright colors with MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish rainbow highlight. Makeup is a great way to give people an idea of what you’re like without them having to speak to you on a personal level. Now enough of the chitchat, it’s time to introduce you all to North Augusta Highs Makeup Gurus. Our first female is Amber Flakes, she really didn’t have much to say on why she does her makeup besides the fact that she just enjoys the process, there’s actually many females like Amber though. They just enjoy doing makeup.

While 10th grader Amaya Emmons had a whole lot to say. Amaya says she began doing makeup after she saw many models without it and she realized how “ugly” they looked without it. During that time she was having self-esteem issues so she felt that was the best way to cope with it. Now that Amaya has gotten older and realized how much she loves herself, she says, “My favorite part about doing my makeup is applying lipstick. Makeup actually helps females love their natural beauty believe it or not. Look at me,” she exclaims and she has a point. Most females wear makeup so they can boost their confidence, and trust me it has helped many. Some more females who enjoy doing their makeup is 10th grader, Destiny Jackson. She says her favorite part about doing her makeup is her eyebrows (me too girl). ” What’s the point of even doing a full face of makeup if your eyebrows aren’t going to be beat as well,” asks ┬áDestiny.

Needless to say, makeup doesn’t define someone’s beauty nor their personality. There is nothing wrong with wearing it either. Let’s stop judging females who do wear it and compliment them instead. That’s all for this article, stay tuned for more!

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Community

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Community

Powder Puff

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Community

Black History Month

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

News

The Inauguration

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

News

MLK Day

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Features

Links 1/12/17

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

• The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

Rants and Raves

Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Everything North Augusta High School.
The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2