Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

The Inauguration

Sabrina Lynch, Desk Writer

Friday, January 20, 2017. The day that some people have been dreading, and the day that others have been looking forward to. This is the day that Donald Trump gets inaugurated to be our 45th president. Donald Trump is the republican president-elect who ran against Hillary Clinton on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.

Due to the large amount of people who are opposed to Donald Trump, many of the musicians named to play at the inauguration are backing out. The musicians who have backed out are friends with Donald Trump. The Bruce Springsteen cover band and Jennifer Holliday have both dropped out of the inauguration performance. Celine Dion, Elton John, and R. Kelly have all declined an invite to perform at the inauguration. When asked if he would watch the inauguration, Mr. Vance, a government teacher, said,”I will be watching the inauguration to witness another peaceful transfer of power. Even with such a negative and hard fought election, we will all accept the results and wish our new president the best.” There were people who protested social media by making their profile pictures completely black and focusing their attention to anything but Trump.

On Friday, January 20, there were many protesters in the streets of Washington, D.C. The riots started at 10:30 a.m. During the protests, six police officers were injured as well as one civilian. There were 217 people arrested that day, all charged with rioting. Most of the damage was done by Black-Clad protesters.

“I’m not sure if I’m going to watch it, but i definitely don’t like him; but i didn’t like Clinton either. Trump’s too extraneous for me, and he’s extremely radical. Clinton has too much history behind her for me to believe she would have been safe to have as a president. But that’s besides the point, to be honest. I think everyone’s making a big deal about it because a reality star is becoming our next president.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/01/20/social-media-trump-inauguration/96832122/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/20/hundreds-protesters-arrested-in-inauguration-day-clashes.html

• The Inauguration

Community

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

• The Inauguration

Community

Powder Puff

• The Inauguration

Community

Black History Month

• The Inauguration

Community

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

• The Inauguration

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

• The Inauguration

News

MLK Day

• The Inauguration

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

• The Inauguration

Features

Links 1/12/17

• The Inauguration

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

• The Inauguration

Rants and Raves

Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Everything North Augusta High School.
The Inauguration