Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Thomas Catoe, Desk Writer

The beginning of the school year is a motivational period where the student body has the energy to go about the school day, and put their best foot forward. With the structured schedules of fall sports, new classes, and community activities, our minds are in motion, but once we hit “The Christmas Period,” our work ethic and patience is out the door. Many students struggle to keep their grades up and give up the idea of a brighter future. Amaya Emmons, 10th grade, comments, “I cannot speak for everyone, but personally, I find myself losing interest mid-year because everything seems to get so much harder. As students, we have tons of homework, tests, quizzes, and projects thrown at us right before Christmas break (I assume this is because teachers want to get as many grades as possible in the grade book before Christmas break). On top of this, we have exams to stress about. With all that work and stress, I seem to find myself sort of accepting the fact that I won’t be able to do well on everything. Once I accept that I lose my motivation which in turn makes me have slacking grades.” But there is hope for you North Augusta strugglers! We have a few ways to re-charge your year.

1.  Evaluate what your strengths and weaknesses are in your academic classes. Maybe there is a class or two that you feel needs a little more attention that others. Spend a little more time focusing on that subject. You could devote more time out of your daily routine to study for that class, or you could meet with your teacher and discuss better ways to prepare for their assessments.
  2.  Find inspiration. Is there a figure you look up to or would like to mirror? Study them. See what they’re doing that is making them so successful. Once you have evaluated them, evaluate yourself and decide what you can do to improve yourself. Journee Catoe says, “I admire my parents, because they always get what needs to be done, done.”
  3.  Get excited. Though it is a duh factor, it’s a key factor to getting motivated. Try building it up in your head by visualizing it . Confide in your friends and family to push you towards that goal. “I just think about my future and how my grades are gonna get me to where I want to be.” is what Philip Smith has to say.
  4.  Make reminders. Writing your goal down and posting it somewhere, or just carrying around an object in your pocket to remind you of what your trying to achieve can make the difference.
  5.  Start small. To achieve a goal, you have to be reasonable. Set primitive goals. Try to score a good quiz or test grade to bring your grade up to get to a finishing goal of an A in that class.
  6. Be healthy. Health is a key part that not many people pay attention to, but actually plays a large role in goal achievement. The way you eat and sleep effects your mindset and your energy. Scientists have proven that ten hours of sleep a night carries over for a healthy day. Also, try not to skip regulars meals like breakfast. Alondra Rodriguez thinks,  “Eating healthy and having the amount of hours you need for school is very important. Eating healthy or eating what you’re suppose to eat effects you at school because it’s how your body reacts and how it feels. Getting enough hours of sleep also effects school because enough sleep makes you focus in school. Eating and sleeping gives you energy, makes you active, and overall makes you have a more of a positive day or mood at school.”

The momentum to get through the year lies in you, it just has to be re-charged.

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Community

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Community

Powder Puff

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Community

Black History Month

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Community

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

News

The Inauguration

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

News

MLK Day

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Features

Links 1/12/17

• Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

Everything North Augusta High School.
Re-Charge Your Year: 5 Steps