Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

Cupid’s Nest

Picture of sophomore couple Kiana Mackie and Zion Dobbs.

Sophomore+couple+Kiana+Mackie+and+Zion+Dobbs.+
Sophomore couple Kiana Mackie and Zion Dobbs.

Andra McKinnis, Desk Writer

People usually start dating in middle school, this would include me and I’d say the majority of the students here at NAHS. Those are the 4 years where you start to become curious about things other than Heelys or who has the best Pokémon cards. Middle school is where you begin to figure yourself out and of course, start puberty. And that is where the “new” curiosity comes in. Some kids will start dating someone in the seventh grade and continue to date them all the way until they graduate. While others will date someone for two weeks and find another lover.

High school is the perfect place to find people like that. You have at least four types of couples. You have the couple, who spends the majority of their time glued together, you have the couple that is always arguing and stay off and on, there’s the couple who everyone adores, basically the power couple of the school, and finally you have the lowkey couple. In which no one has a clue that they’re together though everyone has their suspicions. As we all know, NAHS has many couples wandering their halls everyday, some whom have been dating for 3 years and others for three weeks. That’s a pretty big time difference right? Here’s how some people feel about it.

10th grader Destiny Jackson says, “Dating in high school does not work! It just doesn’t mix at all.” or “We’re too young to be trying to fall in love, so I’m just messing around. Figuring out what I like and what I don’t like.”

Now many students would say that they are quite right and that they really don’t agree with dating in high school. While others might think otherwise, and they believe that HS is the perfect place to find your soulmate. Someone who feels that way is Kiana Mackie. She has been in a relationship for over a year with her middle school crush.

“Dating in high school actually isn’t a bad thing. You just have to find the right person. Love is always good when you have the right person by your side.”, says Kiana.

This doesn’t mean you’re one of these people though, cause hey, everyone has their own little love stories, each one impacting their view on relationships. Or you just aren’t a big fan of being taken.  Everybody has a different opinion when it comes to love, what’s yours?

• Cupid’s Nest

Community

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

• Cupid’s Nest

Community

Powder Puff

• Cupid’s Nest

Community

Black History Month

• Cupid’s Nest

Community

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

• Cupid’s Nest

News

The Inauguration

• Cupid’s Nest

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

• Cupid’s Nest

News

MLK Day

• Cupid’s Nest

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

• Cupid’s Nest

Features

Links 1/12/17

• Cupid’s Nest

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

Everything North Augusta High School.
Cupid’s Nest