Everything North Augusta High School.

The Yellow Jacket

Hunger for Hope: Local Dancers Participate in Show to Benefit the CSRA Humane Society

Tip Toes and Taps dancers practice for the benefit.

Provided by Tip Toes and Taps

Provided by Tip Toes and Taps

Anna Tuten, Desk Writer

Perhaps you’ve heard of Hunger for Hope, the charity dance show sponsored by the NAHS Beta Club.  The production has taken place for thirteen years in conjunction with Tip Toes and Taps Dance Studio in North Augusta.

When asked why she began producing the charity show, Tip Toes and Taps owner Beverlee Nichols said, “It was something to give back to the community, not just glorify the dancers.”

It has indeed given back much to the community. Golden Harvest Food Bank, Community Ministries of North Augusta, and the American Cancer Society are among the previous recipients of the charity’s proceeds. This year’s Hunger for Hope, with dancers ranging from ages 9 to 53, will benefit the CSRA Humane Society. The show will take place on October 15th at 3:00 PM in the North Augusta High School auditorium.

North Augusta High School sophomore Kayla Howard is one of the many participants in Hunger for Hope. She has danced in the benefit for five years and danced with Tip Toes and Taps for six. Kayla finds it important to dance in the show because, “…it’s for charity and I enjoy the dancing. It presents a time to create your own dance instead of just doing pieces created by other people.”

As a dancer with Tip Toes and Taps myself, I understand Kayla’s excitement with choreographing a dance. I have co-choreographed several dances myself and find it to be a therapeutic way to get the creative juices running. It also brings such a feeling of fulfillment to perform a dance that you have put so much hard work into. Not to mention the additional fulfillment of helping out a local charity. The show presents a fun pathway to offer something back to the community. There’s really nothing better than giving back and having fun doing it.

Beverlee Nichols says she is most excited for this year’s performance because, “We get to produce the show as a family and a team. It’s lots of fun.”

So if you find yourself free on October 15th, come see the show. Not only will you get to see the creative masterpieces of many talented dancers, you’ll be giving back to the CSRA Humane Society as well!

• Hunger for Hope: Local Dancers Participate in Show to Benefit the CSRA Humane Society

Community

LADY YELLOW JACKETS TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!

Community

Powder Puff

Community

Black History Month

Community

The Nest: Trendsetters Pt.2

News

The Inauguration

Student Life

Sister this ! Brother that!

News

MLK Day

Community

Cliques & Cliches: “Dumb Blondes”

Features

Links 1/12/17

Sports

Basketball Season Is Here!

Everything North Augusta High School.